Howard Solomon Residential Care
We are focused on putting you first
Howard Solomon Residential Care is Masonic Care WA’s residential aged care facility in Perth’s southern suburb of Ferndale. The facility is nestled next to Solomon’s Rise Village and forms part of a vibrant social community.
Howard Solomon comprises of 126 private rooms with ensuites, several dining rooms, a variety of common areas and lounge spaces, a theatre room, a club room, a gym and a chapel. In addition there is a resident GP clinic, physiotherapy and occupational therapy rooms, an onsite hairdressing and beautician suite. Landscaped gardens, pergolas and outdoor spaces – as well as a children’s playground – add to the tranquil location.
Howard Solomon Residential Care
Suite types & pricing
The Strand and the Cove suites
RAD (Refundable Accomodation Payment): $495,000
DAP (Daily Accomodation Payment): $113.37 per day
Based on the current MPIR (Maximum Permissible Interest Rate) from 1st of January 2024 of 8.38%
The Retreat and the Terrace suites
RAD (Refundable Accomodation Payment): $550,000
DAP (Daily Accomodation Payment): $125.93 per day
Based on the current MPIR (Maximum Permissible Interest Rate) from 1st of July 2024 of 8.38%
$495,000 payable as a maximum Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD)
Facilities and amenities
- Access to communal areas which include a medium size lounge area complete with high quality arm chairs, lounges excellent entertainment facilities and floral arrangements
- The Strand Bistro has a small kitchenette, dining furniture and large glass doors which open out into the meticulously maintained outdoor common areas
- Several sitting areas located throughout each area complete with comfortable seating, books, magazines and puzzle tables
- Quality aesthetic light fittings throughout provide comfortable lighting including natural light from skylights
- Disabled toilets close to all communal areas
- The staff office is centrally located and easily accessible for residents and family members.
- Generously sized courtyards throughout the facility which can be accessed via doors situated in common areas
- All outdoor areas and gardens are meticulously maintained and provide a beautiful, tranquil setting to enjoy the fresh air
- All residents have access to the exquisite non denominational Chapel which holds services for all faiths, as well as the Terrace Club, a large communal function area, which opens onto a large external courtyard complete with children’s playground
- A large well appointed undercover BBQ area
- All residents have access to the onsite GP Clinic, hairdresser, and therapy rooms offering physiotherapy and occupational therapy.
- The Strand suites are a spacious size with large private ensuites
- All suites have views to outside or garden views and are furnished with modern functional fixtures, fittings and furnishings
- Each suite is carpeted, with painted walls and ceilings which are meticulously maintained and styled in keeping with the surrounding communal areas
- Each suite features an electronic high/low adjustable bed with a pressure relieving mattress, a large built in cupboard with full and half height hanging space, 3 large drawers and 2 smaller drawers plus a lockable drawer for safe storage of medications
- The suite also includes a bedside table containing three drawers, one of which is lockable for additional peace of mind, a large plush comfortable armchair, a convenient over bed table, a wall bracket for mounting a flat screen TV and fixtures for the hanging of pictures and memories throughout the room
- All suites have access to a staff alert system with call points in both the bedroom and the ensuite
- A landline telephone connection can also be activated on request, with a large numbered telephone handset
- Access to outside is provided through a glass sliding door with window coverings including pelmets, sheer and fabric curtaining
Residents may choose to pay for their aged care accommodation using a number of methods. The three payment options are:
- A Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD), these deposits are the prices listed for each room type.
- A percentage of the total Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD) and a Daily Accommodation Payment (DAP), or
- A Daily Accommodation Payment (DAP).
An example of the mixed percentage payment of the RAD and a DAP would be:
If you choose a Strand suite with a price (RAD) of $495, 000, you may decide to pay half the price (RAD) of $247, 500 in one lump sum and make the other 50% up with a DAP.
The DAP is calculated by using the maximum permissible interest rate per annum (MPIR) set by the Australian Government Department of Social Services.
An example of paying only a daily accommodation payment would be:
If you choose a Strand suite with a price (RAD) of $495, 000, you may want to pay no upfront refundable accommodation payment (RAD) and simply pay the daily accommodation payment (DAP). This payment will therefore be calculated on the full $495, 000.
For further information about funding or for general enquiries please contact one of our friendly staff members who will be happy to assist you.